Tuesday 4 August 2015

Gray Retribution by Alan McDermott

Tom Gray has settled down with his wife and child and is just running the company now.  He sends people out to train up foreign armies, but tries to keep out of trouble himself.  Until the day he visits his wife's uncle's shop and gets into a bit of a fracas with a local thug.

Two stories then unfold.  The thug wanting revenge and an uprising in Africa.  Tom is torn between the two, but needs to help his men as they are seemingly overwhelmed.

With this series of books I seem to really like the odd numbers and aren't fussed on the even numbers.  This being book number 4 didn't do much for me.  His team in Africa didn't appear to be in too much peril, even being outnumbered 10 to 1.  I'm not saying I didn't enjoy this - the writing is good - but the subject matter didn't interest me as much as books 1 and 3.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00HZ6EEKE/?tag=jookuf-21




No comments:

Post a Comment