Sunday 7 June 2015

Wizard's Brew by Chris I. Naylor

I like a bit of silly and this was certainly a bit of silly.
An inexperienced wizard is employed to cast a spell to help the fishermen catch lots of fish, instead the spell wakes up a nasty demon who has been trapped for a very long time under the sea.  The demon's form is a massive slug that eliminates anything it slimes over.

With the freedom fighter rabbits, the wizard and his dwarf friend banished from Camelot and the inhabitants of Redbrush Hall, this is a great cast of characters.  The nasty shape-shifting slugs need to be beaten, but none of the heroes are aware that there is any enemy.

My favourite characters were the rabbits and I loved their "rebel names".  And this book has my favourite line ever in it.  If you've read it, it's the "sym" bit.

So yes, this book is silly and a bit childish at times, but I found it wonderfully fun to read.  I came across it by accident, I think the cover is a bit rubbish, but I totally recommend giving it a go and I'm going to read the next ones.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0075N6III/?tag=jookuf-21


No comments:

Post a Comment