Thursday 14 May 2015

Broken City by D.D. Chant

In the future, life has fallen apart and it's bad out on the streets.  There's no electricity and the people that are left in the city live in their own clans in compounds or apartment blocks.  Deeta is a teenager and has never been outside her block.  Other members of the block go out, but it's dangerous out there.  One day, everyone has to leave and Deeta's life changes.

I enjoyed this YA dystopian story more than I thought I would.  I wanted to know what Deeta would do as she finds out what life can be outside of her safe world.  There's a bit of romance going on and inter-clan violence and politics and some bits I thought were a bit unrealistic, but, on the whole, this was a good book.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B005GHMH8A/?tag=jookuf-21


No comments:

Post a Comment