Tuesday 10 September 2013

Saying Goodbye to Warsaw by Michael Cargill

This is a story set in a Ghetto in Warsaw during the war.  We follow one family of mum, 17 year old son and 9 year old daughter in coping with this extreme change of life.  Horrors are never too far away, hunger is always with them.

They don't do anything special, they aren't heroes, they are just living from day to day, hoping they get to see another one.

Whilst not much happens, I was glued to this story.  I knew the outcome, whatever it would turn out to be, would be bleak.  Not many people back there and then had happy endings.  This author's stories are about the journey, not the destination and I was certainly carried along.
When I put the book down, I'd be thinking of the characters and wishing for a happy ending for them.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00F1JLMPC/?tag=jookuf-21


1 comment:

  1. I had to do a double-take when I first saw this review on Amazon, as I couldn't believe that someone had bought it and reviewed it so quickly!

    Glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete