Sunday 16 June 2013

Famous by Blake Crouch

Lance is a 38 year old, still living with his parents when he loses his job.  But Lance doesn't care as he looks like a Hollywood movie star so takes off to be that star.

This was quite an interesting story.You wonder whether Lance is right in his head as he sets out  to become his idol.  He dresses smart, goes where the smart people go, but is not really sure how he should act.

This sound like it should be a chick-lit type story, but it's not.  It is told seriously and gets quite serious too.

I really enjoyed this story.  I wasn't sure where it was going and Lance surprised me a few times along the way.  It is a very readable story and I didn't want to put it down.

My only complaint is that the story finished at 80%.  I'll forgive the author a little, as it went into an interview with him, but I really hate having a big chunk of a kindle book set aside for adverts and chapters of other books.  I don't read them and get miffed that I've not had at least 95% of the kindle book.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B003HNNHZ2/?tag=jookuf-21


No comments:

Post a Comment