Sunday 25 November 2012

A Splendid Salmagundi

A Splendid Salmagundi is a collection of short stories and poems by the authors who hang out on the UK Amazon Kindle Forum on Goodreads

On the whole I enjoyed it very much.  The stories were short, but satisfying.  I think there were only 2 stories I didn't get on with and didn't read through.  Also, I'm not into poetry - I just don't get it - so didn't read the poems.

The highlights for me were Rosen Trevithick's "Grumpies" - an alleged true story 
Will MacMillan Jones' "Out of the Frying Pan" - not quite what you want in your cooked breakfast.
Darren Humphries' "Interview With The Man From U.N.D.E.A.D." where we find out what happened at The Slaughters
Cornelius Harker's "Scream for me, my Dearest" - quite scary
And of course, David Wailing's "Backup", the latest in his auto series.

For a bargain price of just over a pound, you really can't go wrong with this collection.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B009RBQSA4/?tag=jookuf-21



No comments:

Post a Comment