Monday 24 September 2012

What Happened To Polly by Jennifer Hanning

One day 10 year old Carmel loses her 3 year old sister Polly at a fair.  This is the story of how Carmel copes with the guilt.  But this story is so much more.  It is a heart-tugger, but not over the top.  

I did find bits painful to read as it must be so, so hard not knowing what happened.  For all the sadness in it, it is not a horrid story.  It is very well written and I will say un-put-downable as I read most of it on one wet Sunday.

After reading the first few chapters, I so wanted to go straight to the end to see if it was a happy ending as I didn't know if I could bear it if it wasn't.  I resisted and was so glad I did.

This is definitely a book I would recommend to everyone.  I loved it.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B006OU2NNM/?tag=kuffbl-21

No comments:

Post a Comment