Wednesday 8 February 2012

Tollesbury Time Forever by Stuart Ayris

Tollesbury Time Forever by Stuart Ayris has to be the most hyped book on the kuforum for a long while.  It snuck in on the back of a freebie someone picked up and the word spread.  It got nominated for the bookclub choice for February and won by the biggest score ever (so far).

At the time of writing this, it has 37 five stars, 3 four stars and just one three star.  Impressive indeed.  One of the most popular quotes there seems to be "beautifully written".

So after waiting until this month to read it and it taking me a week to get through (due to partys lol), did it live up to the hype?

I think that answer is a big YES.  There'll be another 5* on Amazon shortly.

It certainly lives up to the "beautifully written" claims.  The language Stuart writes in is flowing and descriptive and quite lovely to read.  Without going into detail, the book is kind of in 3 parts which have a different feel to each of them.  There's a few areas of poetry and rhyme and I don't do poetry, so skipped past those bits.  It didn't put me off them though.

I don't often read in work at lunchtime, but I did today as I was getting towards the end.  I wish I hadn't as I had to shuffle off, pretending I had a cold.

www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B006TJDJKE

No comments:

Post a Comment