Saturday 31 December 2011

The Dark Deeps by Arthur Slade

The Dark Deeps is the second book in The Hunchback Assignments series.

Modo and Octavia are sent to investigate ships being sunk by "sea monsters" in the waters off Iceland. This being a steampunk story, it's obviously not a living creature but an underwater submarine (as submarines generally are :-)

Modo gets split up from Octavia who doesn't play such a big part in this book. Instead the heroine is Collete, a French spy who is a bit more mature - well she is 18. It's very Jules Verne.

I think I slightly preferred the first book in that it was a magical new story as I was introduced to the wonderful characters. But that's not to say that this is any less a good book. I shall definitely get book 3 and I hope there's much more to come.

www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B005JSXKFA/


No comments:

Post a Comment