Saturday 31 December 2011

Beyond Nostalgia by Tom Winton

Beyond Nostalgia by Tom Winton was an enjoyable enough read, but I can't give it the 5 stars that loads of fans on Amazon have given it. I look at some of the reviews and wonder if I had read the same book. I'm not one to repeat or summarise the story, just give my view and my view on this one was that it didn't really seem to go anywhere in the first half. I kept waiting for something to happen. Perhaps life is not like that and the author just meant to write about nothing much. It was a nice, flowing read, just not as interesting as I'd expected it to be. In fact, in my opinion, it only got interesting in the last quarter, which is a lot of investment as a reader.
It's not that I didn't like it. I just didn't like it enough.


No comments:

Post a Comment